.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Literary Progress Report

I know that I haven't been very diligent about reporting how certain things came out, after I had brought them up.   One has been the novel on which i had already done a lot of work long ago but had had great difficulty in even thinking about finishing, for personal reasons, and was far from reaching that point
..
       Back on May 10 I reported that I was launching an effort to push ahead with that project, strraight through to the end, using the "three-sentence" method of writing at least that many and most days more, through rain, shine, or social obligation every day.  And I'm happy to report that I'm still at it, and have gotten deep into the third chapter, out of the nine projected, very nearly without fail.  I think, but I was never sure, that I did stumble one night and fell asleep without writing anything.   To make up for that, on the following day I put in two sessions instead of one, and  I also largely abandoned my preiious practice of writing in the hours just before midnight.   Now I do it in the morning, which makes it possible for me to go on for the rest of the day with that load comfortably off my mind.

To bat, at the same time I've also even managed to do the same with another novel that's in the same monster series as that one but much farther along in it, numerically speaking.   I just work on that one in another part of my long, uneventful days, here at the time of the summer solstice.

     I am able to do this because, being just a little more than a month away from what figures to be my 79th year, I have been blessed, and all the writing demons that regularly stalk, maim, and sometimes even kill all those younger than me have now given up and slunk away, so that, with absolutely nothing at stake anymore, it all should be clear sailing from here on out.

     Of course there was never was anything at stake in the first place
.
    But it must take a lifetime to become convinced of that.   At least it has taken that long in my case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home