.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Checking In

I haven't posted anything here (or anywhere else that I can remember) for over three months, not because I'm unwell....

Well, I AM a bit unwell.   I've had a tough winter, for an old guy of 81.   The nights and the early mornings -- the times when I am probably most up and about -- have been consistently too cold, even though the numerous storms have just as consistently brushed by this small part of the Mid-Atlantic states without doing nearly the heavy work that they have accomplished in many of the surrounding regions, especially the Northeast.

But that intense and lasting cold has been working hand in hand with my having slipped and fallen heavily on my back four times this winter -- three of those while going down sets of my outside stairs while it was raining, and once while going UP one of those same stairs while it was dry and sunny -- and all contributed to my upper back hurting in a number of different ways and at different times, and it still is a problem.

However, the main reason I haven't written anything here since Nov 25 is that I simply haven't felt like it, and that's the long and the short of it.

From my point of view, since the elections, these have been very uninspiring times.   The elections came out okay, and things would've been infinitely worse, had the Republicans won.  Nevertheless, there's been a general letdown to everything ever since.

What else can I say?

Well, I know there are many things I could say, but even today doesn't seem like a good day for it, even though today is the last day of February.

February was forecast to be unusually cold, and it was, at least around here.   The Spring that is almost upon us has been forecast to be unusually hot.

For a long time I've been hardly able to wait.  

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

You're Back! I was worrying about you. I'm sorry to hear that you've hurt your back and I hope that it feels better soon. x

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home