.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Reconciling Eras

I often have to wonder, in the event that their family and national fortunes would've enabled them to be slaveowners right on up into the present century, whether numerous Virginians, South Carolinians, Texans, and many others all through this  country would've been able to reconcile that with the Age of Automobiles, Telephones, and Computers. and if so, how would they have done it?   Yet it's all too easy to hear such a longing resonating behind all the ravings of  the teapartiers, the Repubs, and the like, especially during their screams about their great, overriding desire to "take the country back."

2 Comments:

Blogger LeftLeaningLady said...

I bought tickets. I am going to the Stewart/Colbert "Rally to Restore Sanity." I am ignoring that Fear one. I know you don't get to DC much, but maybe?? Maybe? We could get together? I am flying into Baltimore 29 Oct... flying home 2 Nov. IF. It is a big word. How close are you to Baltimore???

11:10 PM  
Blogger LeftLeaningLady said...

Or... I have family in Richmond. Maybe I will visit them next year? Would you be more amenable to a meeting then? you are my hero and I would love to meet you in person!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home