.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Qualities of Leadership

To be a real leader, it seems that a person has to have either great respect or utter contempt for his fellowmen.

My rrouble must be that not nearly enough of either has ever been detected in me.

Meanwhile is it possible to have enough of both?

I don't see how.

"Neither a borrower nor a lender be."

That's an old adage that still largely holds. And here's another that reads much like it.

"Neither a follower nor a leader be."

But I don't know if that, too, actually is an old adage. Instead it could just be a principle that at birth dropped from the ceiling and seeped into my marrow and then into my mind, where it stayed.

Maybe that's why every day I would favor cats over dogs.

...Unless, of course, something drastic were to happen to my eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home