.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Update for "The Field Negro"

Due to an overpowering dislike for taking part in acrimony, as always I dreaded seeing the reactions, if any, to my post on that site three days ago, so not till this evening did I check back to see what brickbats had been thrown.

I guess I had better start facing it. At this laterday point I have become incapable of being as obnoxious as I think I'm being. Either that, or young people -- some young people -- have more respect for the older guys than I like to give them credit for having.

As with the poke that I took at the Arabs a little before that, my contribution to "The Field Negro" was barely noted, and I was especially disappointed to see that no one latched on to my point in the first paragraph, suggesting the substitution of certain terms. The only reaction at all was a very courteous one by the proprietor of the site, and he even said I need not to have worried about the length of my comment, as I was giving interesting information.

NOW WHAT WILL I DO!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home