.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

The Stay-at-Home

I have lost any desire I may once have had to see Machu Picchu, Paris, the Giza Pyramids, the Taj Mahal, or any of the other fabled spots around the world, because with a much smaller loss of time and far less trouble and expense and the expenditure of oil, every day I can visit my garden. Also I would fully expect to find that my garden compares to them in beauty and interest, for all its lack of a great variety of bright, resplendent colors, caused by its enduring romance with Mother Nature. Besides, I have already experienced, in 1959 in Japan, Nikko in the rain and Miyajima in the sunlight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home