.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Personal Note: Stopped Cold


For several weeks I haven't been doing what I'm supposed to be doing right now, and that is to work on my big Iris Window stained glass project, of which I have the fourth and fifth of the nine panels not far from being completed.  (Above is the third; it's up high.)   Instead I've been in a big writing mode, on this weblog but much more on some of my Great Unpublished Novels.

When I get into that mode a strange thing can happen, and that is, my head can start writing things unbidden, and with such concentration that I find that my other thought processes and actions have been stopped cold while this goes on.

This is another manifestation of something that strikes me as being a blessing though everyone else, if they knew about it, would see it as being totally deplorable if not despicable, and that is that I have never developed any readerships for anything.   But that means that I have no expectations from others breathing fiercely and heavily over my shoulder and down my neck, and that gives me complete freedom from, among other things, that great bane of writing: writer's block.  I don't know what that is.

I think about something, I sit down, I start typing, and something or another, close to what I had in mind and with enough to go on for trying to do better later on, always comes out. It's great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home