.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Present Situation

I am now nearly two-thirds finished with my firewood cutting. This year, due to the problems with my feet, which continue, my good wife Esther has stepped in to help greatly with the hauling. I cut, split, and haul the wood down the slope to the creek. She has worked out a system to use our two garden carts plus our little firewood cart (depending on which ones don't have flat tires) to haul the wood up the other slope to the woodpile under our front deck. She does this by herself by making multiple trips with light loads, and she seems almost voracious in wanting to do this. It gives her what she considers to be much needed exercise.

At the same time I've also gotten some important work done on my big 6 by 7-foot stained glass "Iris Window." This involves first creating a pattern on a large, gessoed masonite panel that otherwise I would be using for a painting. Since the window is really a composite of nine separate, good-sized panes, and since the composite as a whole is one-third larger than the masonite panel, this involves scaling the pattern upward -- a difficult extra step requiring the use of grids. Plus I still have not finished working out the design. But in recent days I've been closing in on doing that.

Meanwhile I still read things online, but the spigot for writing my own posts keeps turning itself off. But that's okay, because the world will continue its merry sail into Hell in a handbasket no matter what I write or when. It's just great that I can do my firewood and my stained glass at the same time. Till now I had had a lot of trouble doing more than one thing at a time.

But I'm starting to get a little worried about my right foot. It was healing till a few days ago, when I reinjured it. There are too many little stobs and rocks sticking up in the woods and steps to be missed at the house in the dark.

1 Comments:

Blogger LeftLeaningLady said...

My commenting is broken, so, even when I have time to stop by, I am not able to leave comments too often. Please take care of yourself. Thinking about you down here where it has just yesterday finally dropped below 90!

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home