.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

A-Twittering Not I Will Go

I am trying to see if I can successfully ignore Twitter till it, too, is a thing of the past. A person doesn't need to try to catch every wave that rolls in from God knows where, and in fact I have yet to see anything that clearly tells me what Twitter is, what it does, what it's for, or anything else of a useful nature, and I strongly doubt that I will be asked any questions about it on the final exam later. With any luck, then, that will merely join all the other popular waves that I have let go by and that by now have formed a huge ocean.

But if that question does appear, maybe I'll be able to substitute some other ephemeral esoteria on which I can speak with authority -- and one such subject has already suggested itself. That one is: how to get through life without catching any waves at all, at least those that might put some money into a person's pocket.

2 Comments:

Blogger LeftLeaningLady said...

I am not sure what Twitter is either, and I have no interest in being part of it. I am still not sure I should have joined Facebook!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Carl (aka Sofarsogoo) said...

Good for you. Rook over at Rook's Rant found out what it was and he joined, but since then he has dismissed Twitter as being (such and such) boring.

A young guy up the road showed me all his artistic stuff on Facebook, and that was good. But I've let that go by, too.

Somehow, as you must be, I feel strangely non-deprived.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home