.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Acceleration of Time

I am engaged in a pitched battle with the ever-increasing acceleration of time, which set in with a vengeance after I passed a certain age-point.   This must be an illusion, but the perception is  still exceptionally strong, and a bunch of people much farther down on age's ladder have told me that they have noticed the same thing happening to them.

 I still haven't figured out the purpose of this phenomena, but it seems important to resist it, and the handiest way to do this is keeping track of the rate at which I go through my various food supplies.  But though she subsists on a mostly different diet, my wife insists on sharing a few kinds of my food that she likes, such as the cream and milk that, along with sugar, is so essential for giving coffee any sort of  a decent taste, no matter what they say in areas of Minnesota and many other poorly informed parts of the world.  And because she consumes faster and in more quantity than I do, that practice of sharing, as meritorious as it is, causes those parts of my food supply to vanish at an alarming rate and so contributes unhealthily to my perception of the speed-up in time.   So, at some risk, I'm trying to get her to change things here, though, being 12 years younger than I, she still suffers from that inability of the young to take seriously certain matters that really count, and are most easily seen after passing a certain age-point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home