.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Hoped-For is Here

All through the past winter I kept hoping for the coming of warmer nights and mornings.  Yet right up to just a few days ago, the dawn temps here in our frost pocket stayed too close to 32 F.

But now, suddenly, the ice-cold winter and the frigid spring are over, and today as well as yesterday the thermometer has hit 90 around here, and the problem instead is the sun, which in recent years has been edging closer and closer, and the heat, which is now inervating me.

But I'll take it!
 
(This is posted just to show that I am not ungrateful for the sudden turn in things.

Also note that I didn't say I prayed for warm weather.

It's ridiculous to pray for things that we know will come anyway, because we know that their choosing not to do so is not in the design, intelligent or otherwise.  And I am extra careful and sparing in what I pray for, anyway.  There are too many unknowns involved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home