.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Waiting for an Appointment

Well, it looks as if I have joined all the others around here in having to deal with appointments to check out medical questions beyond the ordinary, non-threatening stuff. But I suppose I have more call for such than the others do.

For instance, just yesterday, Morgan Freeman, the very distinguished film actor (and one of the very few with whom I can easily identify -- due to demographics and preferences they are highly scarce in all of the various worlds), was driving with a passenger down a rural road of his native Mississippi when quite possibly he fell asleep at the wheel. His car left the road and flipped over a couple of times, and he had to be cut out of the wreckage with a Jaws of Life. But his injuries seem to be restricted just to his arm and elbow.

I always thought of Morgan Freeman as being exactly my age, but at only 71, he is six years younger.

For years I was usually the youngest one in the bunch. So how did I suddenly get to be so much older than everybody else?

Anyway, my doctor, who happens to be on his second honeymoon right now, was informed of my kidney blood report and is having an appointment made for me to see a nephrologist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home