.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Template Troubles

I still haven't finished bringing this weblog to the state that I would like. In his individuality the writer of Scribe, the brand new template that I'm using, didn't make it easy for rank amateurs like me to tweak things. He included no section for links in the sidebar, and, worse, some things like the fancy sidebar titles seem to consist of gif graphics files that are called up each time from a website called "blogblog/scribe" that I can't reach. And what if that site ever goes down? Or am I misapprehending things?

Also I'm wondering if Haloscan is usable with Scribe. I can't find the sections in the Scribe template where Haloscan says its codes must be inserted. In its redesign Blogger is now using its own comments system, but I think Haloscan's is still better. For one thing, unlike Haloscan, the Blogger comments are not retroactive and instead are only available for the posts made after Blogger installed its upgrade, yesterday.

Also I keep putting off getting a counter. But I am not really afraid to! Ha-ha.

4 Comments:

Blogger cbeck said...

Ha! Counters can get depressing! The trick is to just not look at them. Site looks good though. I'm jealous.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Carl (aka Sofarsogoo) said...

Thanks for your comments! I'm still working on things. It's a lot of fun. Once in a while I do something that works.

8:55 PM  
Blogger andante said...

A belated welcome, Carl! I'm still reading through your posts, but I'm envious of your clear, effortless style.

Sadly, I'm not much help on the template problesm, being a total web idiot. I selected one at the beginning, and I'm afraid to try a switch! Your blog looks great as is...I wouldn't change a thing.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Carl (aka Sofarsogoo) said...

Hi, Andante! Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I've been reading your weblog for a long time, and I've been enjoying it, though I've been very remiss on leaving comments, as you're unlikely to say anything to pull my chain. :)

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home