.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Sunday, May 09, 2004

Oops!

I thought I would try to see how this weblog would look using one of the other templates that Blogger offers. I knew I was taking a risk, and bad things did indeed happen. After trying "Bluebird" for just a few seconds at most, I went back to the original "Jellyfish," and now I have lost all my hard-typed-in links and my Haloscan comments.

Oh well.... I hope that in the process of trying to get my links and my comments back, I don't lose all my posts as well. That WOULD ruin my day -- and my week as well -- bigtime! But I won't tackle that till later. Right now I will go out to see how my garden grows, while pulling myself together.

Update: As it happened, today Blogger published a big update to its service. This included offering its own comments system and many new templates. I especially liked the new "Scribe" template and decided to switch to it. It looks much classier than Jellyfish, and, among other things, it solves the problem of capitalizing the weblog title. But it includes no provision for putting links in the sidebar. So I will have to work on that.