.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Birthday

Today marks the 81st time that the day and the month have reached the confluence that marks the date of my arrival on the planet.

Now I don't have to worry so much anymore about being too damn young!

I used to think that "7/27" was a pretty nondescript date on which to be born, aside from the presence in it, twice, of my favorite number. I thought that way even when that circumstance was nicely augmented during the many times when "7" also happened to be one of the numbers in my age. But just in the last couple of years, it suddenly came to my attention that actually the number 27 is bigtime stuff, because it is 3 cubed, and that's great because "3" is my other favorite number, though I have found things to admire in all the other single digits as well. The double digit numbers don't fare quite as well, and beyond those things really start sliding downhill.

Meanwhile it has been amazing how often I see the number "727" whenever my eye happens to brush one of our digital clocks.

I wish I knew what that means.

1 Comments:

Blogger LeftLeaningLady said...

Happy Birthday, Carl!

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home