.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Friday, April 03, 2009

That's Why

All too often the prevailing American rudeness prevents them, men and women, from letting me finish what I had to say, face to face. They regard my one or two opening sentences as merely springboards for their own use in launching what they are moved to say, which has to be indescribably more important than what I had in mind and so must be delivered at once and in a much larger number of words.

Hence one of the attractions of writing a weblog.

That's why I have no qualms about posting something at length, though I know that there, too, only the opening lines, if that, will ever be read. At least I will have gotten to go on to the finish, and it is even on record, somewhere, somehow, for some short period of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home