.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Google Chrome Browser Report

The newly developed Google Chrome browser has been around for several months now, first in beta and it just came out in its Version 1.0. I've been using Chrome almost from the moment the first beta download was dffered, and it has completely replaced Internet Explorer and Firefox in my computer habits. Chrome is fast and simple, because Google must have too many other irons in the fire to spiff this up too much, and it instantly greets me with a graphic menu of the 9 sites that I visit most often, and I like that because it reminds me of the Speed Dial add-on in Firefox, and I haven't missed the multiple pages of those thumbnails that Speed Dial offers.

That's about all I can say about Chrome, and that's more than enough, because I don't ask much of browsers, past the bookmarks, and Chrome has several ways to store and access those, including the aforementioned graphic menu on its first page. I can go everywhere I want to go in good time, and it's hard to think of more that could be asked of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Bates said...

Does Chrome still upload your every move to Google? Early reports were that it did exactly that... supplied your browsing history to Google. I don't know if that's true or not, but the rumors were enough to discourage me from using Chrome. I don't need Google tracking my web whereabouts; that's the NSA's job. :)

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home