.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Gun Sign

Yesterday my wife saw a road sign that said simply, "I'm an angry gun owner, and I vote!" Note that, unlike most political road signs, which only recommend candidates, this sign has a element of threat. But that's an unspoken but definite part of being in love with guns.

If my friend H., who lives just down the road and across the river, was more open about letting his views be known by the Outside World, he would have that same sign standing next to his mail box. Guns are likewise his big issue and his religion. But the only signs I've ever seen him post are stapled to some of his trees, and they say, "No Hunting on this Property." Every year during this season, without fail he perches in trees on someone else's property and "hunts" -- another activity that, like basing one's whole ethic on gun ownership, is way beyond me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home