.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

This Pregnant Day

Today is a pregnant day.

It marks 43 years that my wife and I have been married. She is thinking of marking it by driving 25 miles to Lynchburg to get some Red Lobster food. (She and I have ideas that are the exact opposite of each other when it comes to making long drives and also spending more than a max of about three hours away from home sweet home.)

My only sibling, my late sister, was also born on this date, a year and two months after I arrived.

And then there was also that tremendous catastrophe that happened exactly seven years ago, partly just outside my hometown but also simultaneously in a Pennsylvania field and, most disastrously of all by far, in New York City, a town with which I am also quite familiar, though from times so far back that the World Trade Center towers were built, did their thing, and then in just a few minutes were reduced to rubble before, to my best recollection, I ever got the chance to behold them in all their massive and soaring though I can't help thinking architecturally undistinguished glory. (But then I also happen to believe that there's no call for any building to be higher than something you can't jump out of without the certainty of breaking your neck.)

1 Comments:

Blogger LeftLeaningLady said...

Happy Anniversary.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home