.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Elusive Paradox, Starting With "J"

Though occasionally you hear about people, mainly celebrities, converting to Judaism, you really have to be born into it to be really in it. Therefore I've never been at any risk of hearing anything from their missionaries. This gives Judaism a big leg up in my book, over most other religions that I've heard of.

I often hear from the Jehovah's Witnesses' missionaries, and there must be something in that that causes me to feel just as charitable toward their religion. Yet there are no prospects of me ever joining them either, precisely because of the missionary stuff and their severely restricted literary taste.

--While I was thinking of writing this down, I thought I had a big inconsistency to ponder there, a paradox, but somehow during the process it disappeared.

Meanwhile I could've said similar things about all the other thousands of religions that are practiced around the world. I picked those two because at the present time certain things keep bringing them to my attention more than most, and also -- and even more importantly -- their names start with the same letter.

Maybe because "G" uses so many of its functions, we don't get much use out of the letter "J." As proof, where I come from, the Nation's Capital, the streets that run east and west are designated with all the letters of the English alphabet up through "W" -- with the conspicuous absence of "J."

There must be something significant that can be made of that, since "J" was apparently the first sound that came out of the mouths of many in the old days when they looked to the skies for guidance ...and for a method of non-binding confession.

1 Comments:

Blogger S said...

"severely restricted literary taste" about Jehovah's Witnesses.

There is nothing restricting my literary taste. Where do you get your ideas?

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home