.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mode Intense

Sometimes I come to and find that I have walked enough to have covered a quarter-mile, yet I haven't progressed any farther than a few feet in any direction.

What is happening is that in my current mind mode, my head, on its own, has composed yet another post for this weblog -- actually what I think of as mini-essays, complete with beginnings, middles, and ends. Even more surprising, despite the blighted condition of my memory these days, I can remember the whole thing word for word, provided that I don't take too long in getting to a keyboard. So, lately, I've been able to post at least one thing every day without any trouble, and sometimes more than one, yet I still have a queue of six or seven other complete posts in draft form, ready to go.

I wish I knew what is causing these words to roll out of my head so easily and so profusely, so that I put more that I would like even into the comments that I post on other people's weblogs, when all my other actions, even the simplest and most basic ones, like eating, more and more take so much effort. I could use some of that industriousness and that ease in some other areas that are now just hanging over my head, waiting, and frowning and shaking a finger at me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home