.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Posting Light

I haven't posted much lately, on mine or on other people's weblogs. This isn't the first or even the second or third time that that has happened.

This lack of commenting on either mine or the world's affairs isn't because I'm upset with anybody or anything, nor is it because I'm tired of the weblog thing and feel that I need a break from it. Instead it's because other interests have claimed my attention and decreasing energies, and part of that is due to the time of year. Spring is in ...er, full spring, and our gardens plus Mother Nature's heavy-breathing presence all around, including underground and up in the skies, are making their usual demands, which are such a pleasure to meet.

In addition there are other concerns. I'm trying to make up my mind about getting a new digital camera. In addition I've been engrossed in setting up a wireless network between my two working computers in the house and the other two in my workshop a hundred feet away. Plus I've been heeding the call that new ideas have made for one of my long unfinished novels. Plus I am generally trying to clean up numerous other little situations, fix things that I've left in limbo for a long time, and so forth and so on. Above all I'm struggling to keep myself in some sort of decent working order, while adjusting to being part of a finally fully retired couple on a modest fixed income and all that kind of thing.

Meanwhile, from within my severely limited perceptions, I've found that, for all the pretensions of the 6.5 billion others, the world doesn't really go on without me. Instead it's like an old bus that stops and waits till I decide to get back on it.

No, this isn't arrogant. It's the simple truth. It's thanks in large part to the fact that human nature changes at about the same rate that a mountain grows. (I wanted to say "at a glacial rate," but climate change sure is shooting down that expression, isn't it?)

You might have already found the same thing to be true for you. (Smile!)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home