.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Food Paradox

With my wife being down south most of the time recently and thus seldom being around to remind me, in spite of my best efforts I eat so little that often I feel weak and sometimes on the verge of illness, while my refrigerator looks as if I've forgotten what its purpose could be. Yet I could wash dishes every day and still the sink would always be full of more to do.

My question today, and on every other day, is, how can this be?

But it's good that life never runs out of such mysteries and paradoxes for use as cuds.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Bates said...

Carl, I know it's none of my business, but I'm going to say it anyway: you simply must eat. All other considerations aside, you have a blog to write, and you cannot do that effectively without eating.

Like you, I have no one in-house to remind me to eat. I love food, and I have an apparent disorder that wreaks havoc upon me if I neglect to eat timely and healthfully, but absent external reminders, I still sometimes reach a point of near incompetency if I do not eat. That happened to me today, for the first time in a long while.

It was a reminder. One may spend a long time building up a discipline of treating oneself well, in ways that maintain one's health day to day, yet still slip, and suffer the consequences.

I've no idea how not eating affects you, but if it's anything close to the way it affects me, I sincerely hope you'll do what you need to do to nourish yourself.

(I have no explanation for the dishes. The same phenomenon happens here, no matter how much or little I eat.)

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home