.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Realization

If he manages to hold on to enough perception and honesty, with time a person might realize that, with regard to all the stupid things that he did in youth and somehow got away with, none were suggested to him by his parents. Instead they were all his own notions or, more frequently, were pushed on him by his friends.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Bates said...

It's good to see you back on the blog, Carl.

As to your post... if any particular incident from your own youth evoked this thought, we'd be delighted to read the details. :-)

The Yellow Doggerel Democrat

12:55 PM  
Blogger Carl (aka Sofarsogoo) said...

Thanks, Steve. Sorry for my delayed answer. During my latest prolonged absence from weblogging, Blogger seems to have installed something called Comments Moderation, and I was slow to become aware of this and its mechanics. I just now turned it off.

If my comment had anything to do with any incident from my youth, I can't recall now what it was. I think it was just the result of general musing on the past and on all the bad ideas that are thrown at us at various points and places and through which we have to keep finding our way somehow.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home