.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Consistent Comments

As you can see by looking back through a few of the first posts of the day on this weblog, recently each one has been quickly drawing a comment from the famous and ubiquitous "Anonymous." With variations the message is nearly always the same, which is that I have a good blog and that he or she has one, too, and why don't I drop by and check it out? And usually there is such a site, a slick, new-looking one about practical stuff (which I am not into) like annuities or cholesterol. I don't know, though, that I would call those sites "blogs." They lack individualism, as if they're the creations of machines, not quirky blog people.

This makes me feel as if my weblog has been tagged somehow, and it has been entered into the database of a program that is set up to attach these comments to my posts automatically each day.

Does anybody know what is happening here? Has anyone else had the same experience? Does this phenomenon have a name? Can I do anything about it? Should I? Am I in trouble?

I can't really say that I've had any bad effects from it so far, and I used to have no problem with being always able to count on having at least a "1" showing for the number of comments drawn by each post, but that has worn thin, and the other day one post had three such comments attached to it.

It would be nice to know what is happening here and what I did to deserve it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of the Blog
The Daily News has a created a place where people go to talk about the issues of the day ... Kids are in school for an education, not for driving or parking privileges.
Your blog is excellent. Check our Motorcycle 4 GOLD site at http://www.thegoldhunter.net/ Millions in Gold is just waiting to be discovered. Find out how! They are even filtering and recovering GOLD out of water! Take a break and check our Motorcycle 4 GOLD site out at http://www.thegoldhunter.net/.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home