.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Wow! And Thanks!

First of all, much thanks to Liz, Tinheart, Steve, and NTodd, for their warm welcomes back on the occasion of my finally posting something, after a silence of over three months. See the comments to my post of yesterday.

Not knowing how these things work, I didn't expect my reappearance to be noticed for at least a week, or till I commented on someone else's weblog, which I haven't done yet.

Everything is taking me some time. For a short while Blogger wouldn't even let me post on my own weblog, because I had forgotten not only my password but also my user name, and I had to send them an email to find out.

I stopped weblogging back in July, two days in fact after my latest birthday, to give myself a rest and also to break the tyranny of posting something every day, a regime that I had managed to follow faithfully ever since starting the weblog. But then the inevitable happened. It got too comfortable not writing something the next day, too, and the day after that, and so forth. And in the meantime other things happened, including the onset of another burning interest, something I had been wanting to do for nearly 25 years and having to do with the still unfinished state of my house, the one pictured in the endbar.

Anyway, I'm glad to see you all still waging the good struggle as vigorously as ever, and undaunted.

(Meanwhile Tinheart, while you may not have been aware of me, I was always well aware of you and your excellent points of view. You, like so many other worthies, first drew attention on Ntodd's site.)

2 Comments:

Blogger andante said...

Who says you have to post every day!!?? I'd much rather read your thoughtful posts at irregular intervals than someone (like, um, me....) just blathering on and on.

Again, welcome back.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Carl (aka Sofarsogoo) said...

Thanks,Andante. Of course nothing you say is ever blather, so let's get that straight right here!

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home