.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Unpopular Ideas

Ramblings and Digressions from out of left field, and beyond....

Name:
Location: Piedmont of Virginia, United States

All human history, and just about everything else as well, consists of a never-ending struggle against ignorance.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Things to be Done

Lately I've been absorbed in playing internet chess, by way of the Free Internet Chess Server (FICS). But this morning the consoles on all the graphical interfaces for it have been "rolling," rendering the sites unusable. This is a surefire sign that I have to get busy doing other things that I have left hanging.


Above is a half-section of a 55-gal drum set inside a stout rack made of 2x6's. I have to make another one as well. I intend to use these for growing vegetables on our front deck, safe from the attentions of those twin demons around here, deer and voles. But as you can see, I haven't even put any dirt in this first one.


I have to rework the door that goes in this opening to my greenhouse. I took it out thinking it would be only a one-day job, but that was three days ago. I can't leave the situation like this much longer. "Nature abhors a vacumn," and that goes for unguarded openings, too, as far as the numerous animals on foot and on the wing around here are concerned.


I have to saw up this log from a large and mysteriously dead pine tree and cart the rounds to the house, to help with the heating this coming winter.



This shows a stained glass marble and mirror vase, with our wondrous and wondering cat, Beauty, who took a sudden interest in getting his face into the picture. I've been wanting to make a whole set of little things like this that I saw in a pattern book from Germany, but right now I have less than two weeks to make one to give to a lady who has been working as an apprentice to the potter across the road. She is going back home to Wisconsin.

And all these little jobs are just a few of the huge number of things I have to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home